• Mon - Fri: 9AM - 6PM
  • 06-11, 2 Venture Drive, Singapore - 608526
  • +65 6950 1000

EI FAQ Series

Can I apply for a PR if I hold a Singapore work permit?

PR Basics

Can I apply for a PR if I hold a Singapore work permit?

The following people are eligible for a PR application in Singapore:

  • Employment Pass, Personalized Employment Pass, S Pass, and EntrePass holders (For Skilled workers, Technical personal, & Professionals) and depndants of these
  • Singapore Citizen’s parents
  • Children of Singapore PR/Citizens must be under the age of 21 and unmarried
  • Spouse of a Singapore PR/Citizen
  • Student Pass holders who are in the Integrated Program or must have passed a minimum of one national exam (such as GCE ‘N’/’O’/’A’ or PSLE) and have been living in Singapore for at least two years

Work permits are granted to foreigners who come from approved source countries and work in the following fields:

  • Manufacturing
  • Construction
  • Process
  • Marine shipyard
  • Services sector

However, a work permit holder does not meet the criteria for PR status in Singapore.

However, you can still apply if you have a sponsor in Singapore, such as a spouse or parents who are PRs/Citizens.